Sunday and I'm in Sunny Florida!!!

carlak
on 3/12/16 11:47 pm - Bradenton, FL

Guess what? I'm home!!! More after I sleep a bit!!!

Carla

image hosting site

lightswitch
on 3/13/16 9:20 am

Carla,

I am so happy it's you in Florida and not me...all joking aside, we love to go visit DH family but all those blooming citrus trees kill me.  But, I am in Houston and will be leaving soon and I have to say this is one busy city. Driving ten miles, in the wrong traffic, can take thirty minutes. 

Last night, DH and I went to Walmart and loaded up on plastic freezer containers and until midnight, I was arranging the meals into breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  I know he gets meals on wheels but on those days that he doesn't like their food, he will have options. It's been a long while since I cooked with meat so it was a little difficult.  I made him chicken and dressing, beans and potatoes and greens, meatloaf and green beans, fried chicken, steak and mushroom gravy, and stew.  I also lined up his cabinets for easy to open vegetables for his frozen meals.  I made sausage gravy for him; biscuits, cheese, and eggs; and fifty breakfast burritos. And I baked up some cookies and a cake that we froze for him to have at different times until I come back.  Today, before we leave, I am making him some beans and cornbread and fried potatoes and ham. He came into the kitchen while I was cooking and said sis if I die tonight, I'll die a happy man.   We should be heading out in a couple of hours.  Oh and while I was at Walmart, I bought him a lucky bamboo plant and I put it in a huge clear vase with beautiful river rocks that I bought in the craft section.  I bought a gallon water bottle and told my brother to only use bottled water to add to the vase and to keep it out of direct light...it will clear the air of all the impurities plus it is so nice to watch them grow. Next time I come up, I'll transplant some of the shoots. 

DH has been complaining of upper gastric and back pain. He has had gall bladder problems for a while but he is also prone to kidney stones.  We are working so hard to get his eye healthy again and having surgery is not an option.  I told him no more butter...he puts a little butter on his oatmeal...but I know that we are going to have to have it seen about.  Tomorrow I'll call his doctor and see if they will see him.  

I don't know if I told you guys this or not but I went in for my yearly blood work and the lab people couldn't draw my blood.  They tried every trick they knew and finally the doctor said enough.  I go back Monday morning early and some guy who is really skilled at getting veins will be there and today I am pushing fluids. I told the lab people that I am drinking tons of water so I don't think that is the problem.  But, they said drink water....If they are not able to get my vein, they are going to do an arterial stick....threats...I tell you threats. 

Well, that's about it.  These men are rallying around the kitchen for me to finish this lunch/dinner up.  My nephew is here too and his wife.  I swear if I searched the world over, I'd never find a more worthless piece of **** than these two. They chain smoke and stand right on the porch so the smoke comes in the door and my brother has asbestosis and COPD...I just went to the door and said, please move a way from the door, your smoke is coming in the house and he is coughing. She flipped me the bird and I said, you better have the muscle to back that **** up....her drug addict self walked over the porch and said, you don't have to be so mean...she is older than me by about ten years and she acts like a rebellious adolescent.  My poor, poor brother.  But, the good news, they were both told today that he has no access to money...my nephew got mad and started yelling but I told him he could yell all he wanted but it wasn't going to change a damn thing. Of course his main concern was his house payment---my brother makes that for him; I told him I would continue paying his house payment but that was it.  

Ladies, this is your chance to stand tall and march toward success....you can do this; you know you can.  

Judy G.
on 3/13/16 10:40 am - Galion, OH

Jeannie sounds like a restraining order might be needed soon for them!!!!!! Low lifes!!!!

Good luck with your blood work!!! Also for your hubby!!!

ArleneG
on 3/13/16 11:06 am, edited 3/13/16 4:04 am

Best of luck on the blood draw. I have to agree with Judy. Sounds like these lowlifes need a restraining order (or rabies shots). Best of luck to you and hubby. I won't even ask why hubby makes his house payments. We all have our crosses to bear. Hope hubby is ok. Sending love.

Ready2goNOW
on 3/13/16 9:43 am

Good morning everyone!

Carla, I guess you needed your sleep since you haven't been back...lol! But a 2 year old can wear you out in a minute....let alone after a few weeks. Sleep on!

Jeannie, hope your husband's eye gets corrected and he doesn't have stones. I had kidney stones...unbelievable pain!

I continue to be impressed by your generosity and caring for your brother. How well you are taking care of him. But geez, his son and the girl...woman...sound like a nightmare! I'd have words no doubt...no tolerance for disrespecting your elders was how I was raised....especially when they are elderly, sick AND paying your mortgage!

We had a good day yesterday as planned. Did a lot of shopping, but never made it to bingo. Too tired, and I ate half a banana split!SMDH. Sounds crazy, but I am going to need to find a less stressful job bc I cannot risk going backwards. I am eating for relief. Jeannie, you are SO right about removing stressors. I just need to find something and move on. Have never left a job so fast, but I need to do this....hopefully soon.

Trish, the info on the weed was really good. Jim has been getting the brands with the highest HTC thinking they provided the best pain relief so he is off there. The do go over what the different kinds do, but never discussed the other info you provided. Thanks so much for sharing that!

We slept in...it is rainy and dark out...plus we were tired so I gotta get moving.

Everyone have a good day!

Kathy

ArleneG
on 3/13/16 11:13 am

Work stress can be horrible to one's health. If the stress is bad enough, it may kill us. If your job is so stressful that you feel the need to fall back into old habits, then it is time to be in a more positive atmosphere. Good luck, dear. I had a couple of jobs that almost drove me plum nuts. So stressful I would be sick to my stomach on the way home. I changed jobs and had to remove the toxicity from my life. Life is too short. Be happy.

carlak
on 3/13/16 10:34 am - Bradenton, FL

Hi ,

I have gotten some kind of sleep. this time change put me in a tizzy!

jeane I'm sorry u are having problems with your nephew.. that boy needs to grow up and get a job and pay his own mortgage! 

Ill buy my kids groceries but I won't pay the rent!

Just saying!!

Im up and drinking coffee and changing my clocks!

Carla

image hosting site

Judy G.
on 3/13/16 10:38 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...well went to Bingo last night did not win a thing there...oh well...BUT...saw an envelope with my name on it from signing the books last Saturday night!!!! I won $50.00!!!! Happy for that one!!!!!!!!   

Just got home from shopping for all my SOFT foods for the week...sighs...forgot the refried beans...damit!!!! Oh well...Taco Bell is just down the road from us so that will be just as good if not better!!!

Need to call mom yet today to see how she is doing. I am sure she went to the big birthday party for Harper's 1st birthday yesterday. Her great grand son. He is sooooooo cute!!!! I have not seen him in person yet but a lot on FB!!!  

Got my pork roast in the oven cooking with some potatoes and carrots and onion. Smells good!! Will be eating that today and tomorrow. Tuesday have to eat lite!!  And then nothing to eat or drink after 5pm either. Just hope and pray I have an early surgery time Wednesday!!!!!

Well that is it for me today...going to play my games and try to get my mind off surgery and what comes next!

Thoughts & Prayers for ALL that need them!!

HUGSSSSSSS

ArleneG
on 3/13/16 11:16 am

Hi Judy, yea for winning $50. I am sure it will come in handy. Sounds like you are having a lot of anxiety about your procedure. I did that last week with the dentist; made myself sick. So try to calm down, take it easy, remember how when we all had to eat refried beans, how much we loved them, (I didn't) and enjoy life. Take it one day at a time. Before you know it the procedure will be over.

Take care dear.

Judy G.
on 3/13/16 2:53 pm - Galion, OH

Its not the procedure I am worried about its taking ALL the medications after it!!!! I HATE TAKING MEDICATIONS!!!!!!!!! And not taking all at one time having to sort them out taking one at a time this way and that way...not eating for an hour after one blah blah blah....the list goes on and on....I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 378 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1177 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1184 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1122 views